Defensive Driving For Government Employees
Every 12 minutes in the United States, someone dies in a car accident. Every 14 seconds someone suffers a disabling injury. That's nearly 43,000 deaths and countless more major injuries every year on our roads. And for government employees, motor vehicle accidents are by far the leading cause of death on the job. This program looks at techniques to help prevent accidents from happening, and in the case of unavoidable accidents, help lessen their severity.
- What is defensive driving?
- Respect for the vehicle
- Your responsibility as a driver
- Proper/safe driving techniques
- Seat belts
- Driving in poor weather
- Speeding, right-of-way, passing, tailgaiting
- Distractions and road rage