Portable Fire Extinguishers: Protecting People And Property
If a fire broke out in your workplace, would your employees know what to do? Do they know where the nearest fire extinguisher is? Or how to use it?
When it comes to fires, time is of the essence. Help your employees identify when they should fight and when they should flee a fire, and if they fight, how to properly operate the fire extinguisher.
- Four elements needed to produce a fire
- Five classes of fire
- Symbols to identify class A, B, C, D and K fires
- Types of portable fire extinguishers
- Distribution of fire extinguishers
- Inspection and maintenance of extinguishers
- Using RACE to determine whether or not to use an extinguisher
- Extinguishing a fire using the PASS Principle
- Steps to take after using a fire extinguisher