AC/DC Theory: Resistance
AC/DC Theory: Resistance is part three of the AC/DC Theory 14-part training series.
The course explains how to place resistance in a circuit and how that resistance affects the circuit.
Course objectives include:
- Differentiate between conductors and insulators and describe the characteristics that affect them
- Interpret resistor color codes
- Describe various types of resistors
- Describe how resistors can be connected to achieve different amounts of total resistance.
- Characteristics of Resistance
- Unit of Resistance and Resistivity
- Factors Affecting Resistance
- Function and Construction
- Tolerance, Color Bands, and Power Rating
- Variable Resistors
- Resistors in Series
- Resistors in Parallel
- Resistors in Series and Parallel