AC/DC Theory: Transformers
AC/DC Theory: Transformers is part 13 of the AC/DC Theory 14-part training series.
The course describes the purpose, operation, and effects of transformers in electronic circuits to quickly and accurately troubleshoot circuits.
Course objectives include:
- Describe the construction and operation of transformers
- Describe sources of loss in transformers
- Solve problems dealing with turns ratio, voltage ratio, current ratio, and impedance
- Describe how the autotransformer and isolation transformer work.
Concepts of Mutual Inductance
- Basic Process
- Coefficient of Coupling
- Inductance and Mutual Inductance
- Transformer Operation
- Voltage and Current Relationship
- Efficiency and Transformer Losses
- Use of Transformers
- Other Transformer Types