Advanced Vibration: AC Induction Motors, Part II
Advanced Vibration: AC Induction Motors, Part II is the second half of the Advanced Vibration two-part training series.
The course discusses the variations in the air gap between the stator and the rotor due to mechanical influences.
Course objectives include:
- Explain the effect of an uneven air gap due to static eccentricity
- Explain the effect of an uneven air gap due to dynamic eccentricity
- Explain the effect of torque pulses on an induction motor.
Uneven Air Gap Due to Static Eccentricity
- Causes of Static Eccentricity
- Identifying Static Eccentricity Problems
- Causes of Dynamic Eccentricity
- Identifying Dynamic Eccentricity Problems
- Thermal Bowing Causes and Indications
- Torque Variation Effects and Indications