Basic Engine Lathe: Engine Lathe Accessories
Basic Engine Lathe: Engine Lathe Accessories is part two of the Basic Engine Lathe 14-part training series.
The course provides students with a basic awareness of the mechanics and functions of commonly used accessories for the engine lathe.
Course objectives include:
- Understand the safety procedures that are required in every machine shop
- Call the accessories used on the engine lathe by their proper names
- Explain the generally accepted uses of these accessories.
- Four-Jaw and Three-Jaw Chucks
- Split or Rubber-Mounted Collet Chucks and Faceplate
- Drive Plates and Lathe Dogs, and Drill Chucks
- Tool Holders