Basic Machine Technology: Drill Press Operations
Basic Machine Technology: Drill Press Operations is part nine of the Basic Machine Technology 10-part training series.
A machinist should know how to perform the many operations that are completed on a drill press. This course is designed to show students these essential operations, including center drilling, straight drilling, and straight drilling counterboring, countersinking, reaming, and tapping.
The course covers:
- Holding work
- Drilling speed introduction
- Spindle speed and feed rate
- Positioning and securing a workpiece
- Center and straight drilling
- Counterboring and sinking
- Reaming and tapping
- Radial arm drilling.
- General and Specific Safety Concerns
- Drilling Operation Considerations
- Positioning and Straight Drilling
- Follow-Up Drilling
- Radial Arm Drilling