Basic Machine Technology: Drill Presses Sensitive & Radial Arm
Basic Machine Technology: Drill Presses - Sensitive & Radial Arm is part eight of the Basic Machine Technology 10-part training series.
One of the most common tools in any machine shop is the drill press. Drilling is often performed on a sensitive or a radial drill press; each press has its own specialty. This course will teach students the basic parts and functions of sensitive and radial arm drill presses as well as the situations for which each should be used.
The course covers:
- Safety precautions
- Basic parts of a sensitive drill press
- Sensitive drill press functions
- Basic parts of a radial arm drill press
- Radial arm drill press functions.
- General and Specific Safety Concerns
- Basics of the Sensitive Drill Press
- Application of the Sensitive Drill Press
- Basics of the Radial Arm Drill Press
- Operation of the Radial Arm Drill Press