Basic Machine Technology: Safety Procedures & Guidelines
Basic Machine Technology: Safety Procedures & Guidelines is part one of the Basic Machine Technology 10-part training series.
The course is an introduction to the importance of safety in the machine shop. Skill is not only measured in the quantity and quality of production but also in the attitude of the operator towards safety. Although there are many guidelines that contribute to safety, the most important is thinking about safety.
The course covers:
- General safety procedures
- Hand tool, band saw, and drill press safety
- Lathe, milling, and grinding safety operation
- Clean-up and first aid.
Shop Safety Inspection
- Machine Shop Environmental
- Think Safety
- Operating Power Equipment
- Shop Safety Practices