Basic Machine Technology: The Vertical Milling Machine Parts & Operation
Basic Machine Technology: The Vertical Milling Machine - Parts & Operation is part four of the Basic Machine Technology 10-part training series.
The vertical milling machine is one of the most versatile tools in machining operations. The type of milling machine normally found in machine shops is a vertical spindle machine with a swiveling head. This tool is good to use for machining flat surfaces. This course will teach students how each part of the vertical milling machine is used in the operation of the machine as well as the different types of attachments that can be used with the milling machine.
The course covers:
- Safety and pre-operation
- Ram and turret
- Adapter head
- Milling attachments and descriptions
- Additional features
- Knee, saddle, and table descriptions
- Table micrometer dials
- Mounting a cutting tool
- Spindle speed
- Quill feed operation, direction, and micrometers.
Vertical Milling Machine
- Safety Items and Pre-Operation
- Control Devices, Knee, Saddle, and Table
- Table Micrometer Dials and Locking Devices
- Mounting a Cutting Tool and Spindle Speed
- Quill Feed Operation and Quill Micrometer