Basic Process Control: Process Variables
Basic Process Control: Process Variables is part four of the Basic Process Control nine-part training series.
Produced in conjunction with ISA The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society (ISA™) the course teaches the relationship among force, area, and pressure and the difference between atmosphere, gage, and absolute pressure.
Topics covered include:
- Converting between gage pressure and absolute pressure
- Pressure measurement and height of liquid
- Converting between psi, inches of water, and inches of mercury, volume, density, and specific gravity
- Flow rate, mass flow rate, and volumetric flow rate
- Methods of measuring temperature.
- Pressure Characteristics
- Measuring Pressure
- Methods for Calculating Pressure
- Level Characteristics
- Measuring Level
- Temperature Characteristics
- Temperature Measurement
- Operation of a Temperature Loop
- Flow Characteristics
- Methods for Measuring Flow