Centrifugal Pumps: Operation & Maintenance
Centrifugal Pumps: Operation & Maintenance is part three of the Centrifugal Pumps five-part training series.
The course identifies normal and abnormal start-up and operating conditions of centrifugal pumps as well as pump monitoring and shutdown procedures. By focusing on precautions, this course attempts to educate in order to prevent injury and equipment damage. Demonstrating pump and component maintenance helps students identify potential causes of pump failure.
Course objectives include:
- Explain the basics of operation and maintenance of centrifugal pumps
- Describe the proper start-up procedure for a centrifugal pump
- Identify the system components that require monitoring and adjusting during operation
- Recognize abnormal operating conditions and their probable causes
- Describe proper shutdown procedures.