Centrifugal Pumps: System Characteristics & Selection
Centrifugal Pumps: System Characteristics & Selection is part two of the Centrifugal Pumps five-part training series.
The course provides a more in-depth knowledge of how a pump is chosen for a system based on the system in which it will be operating. This course presents students with the terminology used in understanding centrifugal pump performance in a system, including terms associated with head, pressure, suction, discharge, and Net Positive Suction Head.
Course objectives include:
- Explain the system as it operates under normal parameters
- Describe how fluid flows through a centrifugal pump system
- Define terms associated with a centrifugal pump in a system
- Identify factors that affect the normal parameters surrounding pump performance in a system
- Apply system requirement concepts to the selection of an appropriate pump, including how to interpret pump performance curves and Affinity Laws.