CNC: Absolute & Incremental Positioning
CNC: Absolute & Incremental Positioning is part three of the Computer Numerical Control 15-part training series.
The basis of CNC systems is the translation of a print to a numerical code, then to a series of machine operations, resulting in a finished workpiece. The instructions that the programmer writes for the machining process are derived from the coordinate measurement system.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the X, Y, and Z dimensions of the Cartesian coordinate system
- Describe absolute positioning and incremental positioning
- Program rapid transit movements in both absolute and incremental systems.
The Cartesian System
- Absolute Positioning System
- Incremental Positioning System