CNC: Drilling, Boring & Spot Facing
CNC: Drilling, Boring & Spot Facing is part seven of the Computer Numerical Control 15-part training series.
Computer Numerical Control machines can drill, bore, and spot face by using fixed Z cycles. The fixed Z cycles program stores repetitive information in the control until it is recalled for use at specific locations on the workpiece.
Course objectives include:
- Write a drill cycle, spot facing cycle, deep hole cycle, chip breaking deep hole cycle, and boring cycle statement
- Calculate and write a dwell statement.
Drilling, Boring, and Spot Facing
- Drill Programming Code G81
- Spot-Facing Programming Code G82
- Deep-Hole Programming Code G83
- Boring Cycles Programming Code G89