CNC: Introduction to Computer Numerical Control
CNC: Introduction to Computer Numerical Control is part one of the Computer Numerical Control 15-part training series.
Precision machining requires the teamwork of a skilled operator and good equipment. Partnering a skilled operator with a computer can produce part after part without deviation. This course will teach students the terms and conditions of the Computer Numerical Control system.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the major components of a CNC milling machine
- Describe motion in terms of the X, Y, and Z axes
- Identify the basic capabilities of the CNC system.
Computer Numerical Control Machine
- Safety Measures and Machine Description
- Operating Axes
- Manual and Automatic Operation