ControlLogix: Creating & Using Tags & the Program Editor
ControlLogix: Creating & Using Tags & the Program Editor is part three of the ControlLogix 6-part training series.
Tags identify areas in the controller's memory where data is stored. This course gives a detailed explanation of tags, including how they are created, monitored, and edited. The RSLogix Program Editor is also covered. Students will learn about program logic and the three-step scan cycle, input and output instructions, series and parallel instructions, and adding ladder logic to a program.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the types of tags
- Explain how base, alias, consumed, and produced tags are used
- Create, monitor, and edit tags
- Use the RSLogix Program Editor
- Add ladder logic elements or instructions to a program.
Creating and Using Tags
- Types of Tags
- How to Create a New Controller Tag
- Monitoring and Editing Tags
Using the RSLogix Program Editor
- Understanding the Program Editor
- Input and Output Instructions
Adding Ladder Logic to the Program
- Adding Instructions