DSS Energy Efficiency: Water Treatment
DSS Energy Efficiency: Water Treatment is part 13 of the DSS Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DSS owner-operator content.
The course covers water supply basics, the impurities present in water, and the efficient use of water treatment systems.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when treating water
- Classify water by its source
- Relate the quality of surface water to specific characteristics of the watershed area
- List the groups of impurities present in water supplies
- Understand the clarification, filtration, and chlorination processes
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to water supply and treatment systems.
Water Quality Basics
- Sources of Water
- Characteristics of Water
- Filter Plant Processes
- Chemical Treatment for Clarification
- Water Treatment Best Practices for Energy Efficiency