DuPont Energy Efficiency: Boilers & Auxiliaries
DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Boilers & Auxiliaries is part six of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
This course covers steam boilers and common boiler auxiliary equipment, including superheaters, economizers, air heaters, and feedwater systems. It explains fundamental design and operating parameters and provides guidance for safe, reliable, and efficient operation.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with steam boilers and boiler auxiliary equipment
- Operate various boilers and superheaters
- Use economizers
- Identify and compare the two types of air heaters and various draft-producing equipment
- Identify and compare the systems and equipment used to control, pump, and heat feedwater
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to boilers and auxiliaries.
Boilers, Superheaters, and Economizers
- Air Heaters
- Draft Equipment
- Feedwater Control Systems
- Feedwater Pumping
- Feedwater Heating
- Other Considerations
- Boilers and Auxiliaries Best Practices