DuPont Energy Efficiency: Pumping Systems
DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Pumping Systems is part 11 of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
The course covers pumping systems, their components, and their efficient use.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with and around pumping systems
- Apply the principles of pump operation
- Use various pumps in power and HVAC applications
- Use common pumping system components
- Consider key factors prior to designing a pumping system
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to pumping systems.
Principles of Operation
- Pressure and Head
- Net Positive Suction Head and Principles of Operation
- Standard End-Suction Pumps
- Multi-Stage, Double Suction, and In-Line Designs
- Seal-Less, Canned Motor, and Magnetic Drive Pumps
- Self-Priming Pumps
- River Water Pumping
- Pumping System Components
- System Operating Considerations
- Pumping Systems Best Practices