DuPont Energy Efficiency: Steam Turbines & Condensers
DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Steam Turbines & Condensers is part nine of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
The course covers steam turbines and condensers, their auxiliaries, and their efficient use.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with steam turbines and condensers
- Classify steam turbines
- Control a turbine's speed
- Maintain a turbine's oil system
- Extract steam from a turbine
- Use condensers and their auxiliaries
- Evaluate turbine performance
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to steam turbines and condensers.
Classification of Turbines
- Theory of Steam Turbines
- Classification of Steam Turbines by Exhaust Pressure
- A Typical Steam Turbine Driven Generator
- Speed Control
- Steam Extraction
Turbine Performance and Mechanical Drive Turbines
- Turbine Performance
- Mechanical Drive Turbines
- Steam Turbines and Condensers Best Practices