Employee Wellness: Taking Care Of You
Employee Wellness: Taking Care Of You explores the concept of wellness — the state of being at your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual best — and shows practical, every day steps employees can take towards achieving wellness.
It covers health screenings, smoking, drug and alcohol abuse, vaccinations, diet, exercise, shift work and more. Help your employees understand the why's, how's and importance of being well with this informative program.
What is Wellness?
- Steps to prevent and manage chronic illness
- Importance of being well physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- Prevention is the key
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) can help
- Early detection screenings for heart disease and breast, prostate, colorectal and skin cancer
- Quitting smoking
- Preventing alcohol and substance abuse
- Vaccinations and specific physical exams
- The bodies reaction to stress
- Exercising, relaxing, and sleep
- Shift work
- What a proper diet should look like
- Practical things we can do to improve our diets
- Role of exercise in preventing injuries and illness
- How to fit an exercise routine in to your daily schedule
- Finding activities you enjoy
- Importance of getting enough sleep and the consequences of sleep deprivation
- Ways to make sleep a top priority