HazCom: In Sync With GHS
As you know, the chemicals that your employees work with everyday can cause a multitude of physical and health hazards including chemical burns, respiratory problems, and fires and explosions. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Hazard Communication standard has recently been enhanced with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
This new HazCom standard not only gives workers the right to know the chemicals and hazards they face, but the right to understand them and how to protect themselves from danger. DuPont Sustainable Solutions' new HazCom: In Sync With GHS will help employees understand this new standardized process of communicating chemical hazards.
Classes of Hazards
- Define the six classes of hazards
- Understand health risks associated with each hazard
- Identify the required components of a container label
- Recognize the nine pictograms for hazard identification
- Using hazard labels in the workplace
- Understanding of the different sections used on the SDS
- Accessing SDS's in the workplace
- The written hazard communication plan
- Responsibility of the employer