HVAC&R: Condensers Maintenance & Troubleshooting
HVAC&R: Condensers - Maintenance & Troubleshooting is part seven of the HVAC&R seven-part training series.
The course describes basic condenser functions and operations, including the three most common types of condensers air-cooled, water-cooled, and evaporative. It outlines principles of preventative maintenance, describes preventative maintenance commonly performed on the condensers, and identifies potential problems associated with them.
Course objectives include:
- Learn how condensers operate to turn vaporized refrigerant into liquid for use in air conditioning and refrigeration
- Schedule preventative maintenance for critical systems within the condensers, including refrigerant coils, air and water flow, and mechanical systems such as pumps and fans
- Identify common problems, symptoms, and remedies.
Condenser Operation and Maintenance
- Functions, Classifications, and Maintenance
- Fan, Motor, and Airflow
- Water-Cooled Systems
- Evaporative Condensers and Refrigerant Flow