HVAC&R: Cooling Towers Maintenance & Troubleshooting
HVAC&R: Cooling Towers - Maintenance & Troubleshooting is part six of the HVAC&R seven-part training series.
The course describes basic cooling tower functions and operations, including the five elements considered in efficient cooling tower operation air flow, water flow, mechanical systems, structural integrity, and water quality.
Course objectives include:
- Learn how cooling towers operate to remove heat from the air conditioning or refrigeration system
- Schedule preventative maintenance on a daily, weekly, and semi-annual basis, paying attention to each of the five elements of cooling tower operation
- Identify common problems, symptoms, and remedies.
Cooling Tower Principles
- Airflow Methods
- System and Structural Maintenance
- Scheduled Inspection and Maintenance
- Pumps, Pulleys, and Other Components
- Structural Checks
- Water Treatment
- Fouling and Scale Control