Hydraulics: Control Valves
Hydraulics: Control Valves is part four of the Hydraulics seven-part training series.
A single malfunctioning valve can make an entire system break down. This course teaches students how various valves function and affect system operation.
Course objectives include:
- Describe the basic structure and operation of normally closed and normally open pressure control valves
- Describe the uses for relieve, unloading, sequence, counterbalance, brake, pressure-reducing valves, and flow control valves
- Explain how pressure compensation enables a flow control valve to maintain a desired flow rate regardless of pressure fluctuations
- Describe the function and basic operation of one-way, two-way, three-way, and four-way directional control valves
- Identify methods of spool actuation for directional control valves.