Hydraulics: Hydraulic Systems Safety & Maintenance
Hydraulics: Hydraulic Systems Safety & Maintenance is part six of the Hydraulics seven-part training series.
Hydraulic systems, like other energy transfer systems, have inherent safety hazards. However, if workers are aware of these dangers and understand how to lessen hazards, accidents can be prevented. In addition to safety, this course focuses on maintenance and troubleshooting. Proper maintenance is one of the most important and yet most overlooked requirements of a hydraulic system.
Course objectives include:
- Identify common hazards associated with the workplace
- Describe proper procedures for working with various hydraulic components
- List the safety rules that must be followed when operating or maintaining a hydraulic system
- Describe the factors that determine the intervals at which proactive maintenance tasks should be performed
- Describe the inspections and tests that should be part of a preventative maintenance program.