Industrial Drives Complete Drive Packages
Industrial Drives: Complete Drive Packages is part four of the Industrial Drives six-part training series.
Knowledge of the components and operation of directly coupled drive systems is critical to the success or failure of industrial machinery. This course goes beyond the basics of drive packages to teach fundamentals, components, troubleshooting, and more.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the components of a directly coupled drive system
- Understand the characteristics of operation unique to directly coupled drive systems
- Identify the components of jackshaft and auxiliary drive systems
- Explain the unique properties of jackshaft and auxiliary drive systems
- Explain the effects of changing input and output speeds on auxiliary and jackshaft drive systems
- Compute drive system efficiency
- Understand the principles of operation for spring operated, shear pin, and heat-actuated overload devices
- Learn troubleshooting strategies for drive packages.