Industrial Drives: Shaft Joint and Coupling Devices
Industrial Drives: Shaft Joining & Coupling Devices is part six of the Industrial Drives six-part training series.
In order for most power machinery to operate, power transmission from a driving shaft to a driven shaft is necessary. This course not only discusses the principles and applications of shaft joining and coupling but teaches important troubleshooting strategies and remedies.
Course objectives include:
- Identify different types of shaft joining and coupling devices
- Understand the operating principles governing shaft joining and coupling devices
- Identify critical application considerations when selecting a connecting device
- Differentiate between rigid, flexible, fluid couplings, and universal joints based upon construction, purpose, and application
- Understand the safety precautions to follow when performing inspection, maintenance, and repairs
- Install and align mechanical couplings
- Maintain mechanical couplings
- Install, mount, align, test, and maintain a fluid coupling
- Recognize symptoms of and troubleshoot fluid couplings.