Mechanical Print Reading: Orthographic Projection
Mechanical Print Reading: Orthographic Projection is part one of the Mechanical Print Reading four-part training series.
Knowledge of engineering drawings is essential for serving the complex needs of our mechanical society. This program focuses on the six principle views of a blueprint, the types of lines used in the drawings and sectional views, and the differences between first and third angle projections.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the principle views used in orthographic projections
- Identify the types of lines used in projection drawings and the purpose of each
- Identify auxiliary and sectional views
- Identify the differences between first and third angle projections.
The History of Mechanical Prints
- Front, Top, and Bottom
- Right, Left, and Rear
- Visible and Hidden
- Center, Phantom, and Break
- Auxiliary View
- Sectional Views - Part 1
- Sectional Views - Part 2
- How They're Used