Motor Drives: Variable Speed AC Drives
Motor Drives: Variable Speed AC Drives is part three of the Motor Drives six-part training series.
The course explains the construction and operation of variable speed AC drives.
Course objectives include:
- Understand voltage rectification
- Identify controlled and uncontrolled rectifiers
- Identify silicon controlled rectifiers
- Identify and understand the operation of the DC bus
- Identify and understand the operation of the inverter section
- Describe the operation of pulse width modulated drives
- Describe the operation of vector control in AC drives.