Operator Inspection: Vacuum System Inspection
Operator Inspection: Vacuum System Inspection is part two of the Operator Inspection nine-part training series.
The course teaches students the basic inspection procedures for vacuum systems and their components. It is designed to introduce the basic concept and operation of a vacuum system, to include defining the function and operation of a negative air pressure system and how regulating and maintaining those pressures are important to a sub-system.
Course objectives include:
- Understand the general safety precautions to take when working with a vacuum system
- Identify the general inspection components of a vacuum system
- Describe the purpose and function, general inspection points, and procedures for inspecting: surge tanks, filters, gages, vacuum regulators, pipes and pipes' joints, flow and directional control valves, suction cups, suction plates, and plastic tubing.
Safety and General Inspection Components
- Vacuum Systems
- General Safety Precautions
- General Inspection Components
- Surge Tank, Filter, and Vacuum Gauge
- Vacuum Regulators and Pressure Gauge
- Pipes and Pipe Joints
- Flow and Directional Control Valves
- Suction Cups and Other Components