Overhead & Gantry Cranes
From ancient times, civilizations have used crane technology to advance and improve their quality of life. Unfortunately, when operated incorrectly these powerful tools can result in expensive damage to products, serious injury, and even death.
Overhead & Gantry Cranes will help increase your employees' awareness of the hazards of working with or around cranes and will help your organization comply with OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.179. Show maintenance crews, operators and riggers specific ways they can work safely around these hazardous machines, including pre-operational and periodic inspections. It also covers the proper way to rig and move a load.
Basics of Crane Safety
- Distinguishing between bridge and gantry cranes
- Safe work practices for working with and around cranes
- Importance of daily pre-operational inspections
- How to perform periodic inspections
- Steps to rig the load properly
- Preparing and executing the lift
- Moving the load safely