Safety Matters: Electrical Safety
Electricity is essential in our everyday lives, but when it is not handled properly, it can cause serious injuries or even death. It is important to understand the basics of electricity and the measures you can take to keep yourself, your family, and your co-workers safe – because safety matters.
Safety Matters: Electrical Safety educates employees on electrical safety basics like circuits, circuit protection devices, and safe work practices.
- Introduction to Electricity Definition of conductors Definition of insulators
- Different forms of currents Circuits
- Importance of grounding devices
- Two-prong vs three-prong plugs Circuit Protection Devices
- Protecting equipment with fuses and circuit breakers
- Protecting people with a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) Safe Work Practices
- Proper dress including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Situational awareness
- Tools and equipment to use
Safety Matters: Electrical Safety is one in a series of programs developed and produced by dss+ Learning & Development, the award-winning leader in employee workplace safety training.