Safety Matters: Fire Safety
Fire is a strong force that can destroy buildings, businesses, and even lives in a matter of minutes. Whether a fire is contained to a wastebasket, a room, or an entire building, knowing the warning signs and preventative measures are essential to protecting the workplace and lives.
Safety Matters: Fire Safety covers important safety matters like how fires start, how to prevent them, and how to fight a fire if you ever find yourself face-to-face with the flames.
How Fire Starts
- Three components needed to start a fire
- Identifying common fire hazards
- Knowing the conditions for potential fires
- Housekeeping methods
Classes of Fire
- Characteristics of class A, B, C, D, and K fires
- Proper type of fire extinguisher for each class
Fighting or Fleeing a Fire
- RACE method
- How to use a fire extinguisher including
- What to do after the fire is out
Safety Matters: Fire Safety is one of a series of 10 programs developed and produced by DSS Learning & Development, the award-winning leader in employee workplace safety training.