Safety Matters: Lab Safety
Safety is a concern for everybody, and for those who work in laboratories, there are specific safety considerations to keep in mind. Lab workers encounter unique types of hazards in the workplace, but there are strategies and practices that can help protect everyone.
Safety Matters: Lab Safety the steps to minimize the risk of injury in the lab setting and informs laboratory workers about the hazards they may face. It also provides information on safe work practices.
Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Major elements of a plan
- Breakdown of plan sections
- Definitions of different hazards
Safety Data Sheets
- Employer responsibilities
- Employee responsibilities
Administrative and Engineering Controls
- Examples of administrative controls
- Examples of engineering controls
Safe Work Practices and PPE Controls
- Examples of other safe work practices
- Overview of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Handling an Emergency
- Contents of an emergency plan
Safety Matters: Lab Safety is one in a series of programs developed and produced by DSS Learning & Development, the award-winning leader in employee workplace safety training.