Safety Matters: Office Safety
You may think concerns such as fractures, strains and sprains, cuts, fires, electrical issues, and knowing emergency action plans only apply to high-risk settings – but, did you know they are just as common in an office setting? That’s why it’s important for your employees to know which hazards are present in their work area as well as the safe work practices that can keep them protected. Because in every office, safety matters.
Safety Matters: Office Safety covers important safety topics to help keep your office employees safe.
- Ergonomics and Back Safety The importance of using proper posture
- How to lift properly Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Housekeeping Tips for preventing slips, trips, and falls
- Steps to avoid being struck-by or striking objects Cuts and Pinch Points
- Safe use of paper cutters and box knives Identification of pinch points Electrical Awareness
- Hazards of extension cord use
- General safe practices around electricity
- Fire Safety Proper use of fire extinguishers
- Plan an evacuation route
- Importance of reading labels Safety Data Sheets (SDS)