Steam Traps: Sizing, Installation & Monitoring
Steam Traps: Sizing, Installation & Monitoring is part two of the Steam Traps three-part training series.
The course discusses steam system basics as well as the factors and conditions of a system that affect trap size. It presents general piping configurations and ways of eliminating adverse conditions, including water hammer. Finally, methods for monitoring trap operations are covered.
Course objectives include:
- Define live, dry, quality, wet, and flash steam
- Identify the factors used to determine steam trap size
- Describe causes of water hammer and how to eliminate it
- Identify five methods of monitoring steam trap operation and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Describe steam trap safety precautions.
Steam Trap Sizing Fundamentals
- System Basics
- Selecting the Correct Size Steam Trap
- Installation Basics
- Visual Inspection
- Temperature and Pressure Readings
- Analyzing Operating Sounds
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Electronic Sensor Measurement