Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is streaming video? A: Streaming video is video sent in a compressed file over the internet and shown to the viewer in real time. There is no need to wait for the file to download in order to view it.
- Q: Do I need to download any "plug-ins" or have a special media player in order to play CoastalFlix℠ streaming video by dss⁺? A: No "plug -ins" are necessary. The only thing needed is a web-enabled device – could be a desktop or laptop computer, a smartphone, tablet , e-reader, or web-TV. Please be sure that your organization allows video to be streamed through your IT environment.
- Q: What devices or operating systems are supported? A: Our streaming video platform is both device and operating system neutral. CoastalFlix℠ streaming video by dss⁺ will play across Apple (iPhone, iPad), Google/Android, and Blackberry devices regardless of operating system. (Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Q: My employees have a varied level of bandwidth; will those with less bandwidth have to wait for the file to play? A: Our system will recognize and deliver the proper file based on the device and connection speed of the user. The user will not need to decide what files size to view – this will diminish the amount of “buffering” or wait time the viewer experiences.
- Q: What are some of the benefits of a streaming video delivery model for my organization? A: You will have instant access to the content, there are no shipping costs, there is no physical product to lose, have stolen, or become damaged, and the content can be accessed anytime, anywhere you and your employees have an internet connection. This includes classroom, facilitator-led sessions as well as self-paced, just-in-time, active employee driven learning through a mobile device.
- Q: Can I track if my employees have completed viewing this video? A: No, this streaming video platform is not tracked on a per employee basis if the training is to be viewed outside of a formal classroom environment. It is meant to be an informal, user-driven, mobile learning experience.
- Q: I have a global organization, can my world-wide employee base access streaming video content? A: Yes, any employee, regardless of location, can access to the streaming video content as long as they have a web-enabled device.
- Q: Why won’t the video play when using my company’s laptop or desktop computer? A: Some companies restrict streaming video from being delivered outside of a company’s IT environment. Before purchasing, please ensure that this is something your company allows. If your company would like to unblock streaming video from CoastalFlix℠ please have your IT department unblock the following URLs: http://www.kaltura.com, https://www.kaltura.com, https://cfvod.kaltura.com, http://cfvod.kaltura.com, http://cdnapi.kaltura.com, https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com, https://kalsegsec-a.akamaihd.net
- Q: What is the difference between English - US and English - Global titles? A: Our English - US titles contain terminology and references to the US and US standards. The English - Global titles are more general in terminology and reflect references and standards used outside the US.