Vibration Analysis: Machine Vibration, Basic Theory
Vibration Analysis: Machine Vibration, Basic Theory is part two of the Vibration Analysis six-part training series.
The course introduces the theory of machine vibration. It explains how forces cause machines to vibrate and includes a visual explanation of critical terms such as frequency, resonance and time/frequency domains, amplitude, displacement, velocity, and acceleration.
Course objectives include:
- Understand the relationship between frequency and vibration
- Understand natural frequency and resonance
- Identify a time wave form
- Understand time and frequency domains
- Understand vibration amplitude
- Explain the relationship between displacement, velocity, and acceleration
- Understand phase measurements and angles
- Define commonly used vibration analysis terms.
Basic Theory Part I
- Basic Concepts of Vibration
- Vibration Frequency
- Measuring and Displaying Vibration
- Vibration and Amplitude
- Units of Amplitude
- Using Amplitude to Determine Machine Condition