Workplace Reading: Basic Skills
Workplace Reading: Basic Skills is part one of the Workplace Reading five-part training series.
Course objectives include:
- Understand the importance of reading in a work environment
- Locate words and interpret symbols in the dictionary
- Use context to find the meaning of an unknown word
- Recognize the parts of a word: the prefix, the root, and the suffix
- Learn to read illustrations.
- Dictionary Parts
- Dictionary Entries
- Types of Context Clues
- Parts of a Word
- Reading Illustrations